Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Untouchable are everywhere

Gandhi is my hero, and he always will inspire me to see the meaning of humanity and our existence here on this earth. His view and insight always impress me upon how beautiful and great God is in creating human with all diversities and characteristic.

Yet I wont forget what happen with Gandhi during his lifetime in India.

Caste system was at the peak of society then, and even now trough some extend that is still the case. Yet Gandhi has break the common courtesy by cleaning on of the Untouchable toilet.

This is what I learn from there, that it doest take caste to create Untouchable. Untouchable are everywhere if we can open our eyes wider….

This morning a man came to my church and I think he was one of the “big” man somewhere. He went in into the church, and everyone just come and shake his hand, greet him, and so on and so forth.

Yet there are hands in my church that never, or seldom perhaps being shaken, some ears that never hear personal greetings for them, and even eyes that never see any smile thrown at them. For me, they are also untouchable, because we fail to notice them…

No comments: