Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

For The Gospel

Thing song by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir reminds me of His purpose for me on taking this path of life. The statement was taken from 2 Timothy 1:8-14

Reflecting on Apostle Paul and what he had been through for the gospel, it is remarkable to contemplate with his statement there. He is one of those who can really testify the true meaning of grace and the beauty of Salvation in Jesus Christ. This is the man who was on the other side of the Gospel, persecuting those who believed in Jesus, and suddenly was called to serve Him despite all the things he had done. Grace means for him, a true second chance that some of us who lived and breathe Christianity our entire life will never understand if our "holier than thou" never change.

That's why i like the saying, "unless you know what sin is, then you will never know what grace is all about", i have seen in my own experience, that those who were "out there", once they realized the grace that was freely given to them they become a solid, faithful, and very real in their faith to God.

Paul's conviction of this Gospel was so tremendous that he was willing to go through all things for Him. Thrown in Jail, Flogged, Mocked, Stoned, and unimaginable emotional and physical pain.

And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.

To be honest, it is never been easy for me to serve Him in this capacity. Dealing with people, and with all their tendency of mistake and fault, often time i found myself giving up and just want to walk away. There are times, many times, when i started to asked myself, for what LORD, for what? Why do i have to serve this people whom i dont even know and has nothing to do with who i am? I can easily just go back to my dream, to live up the life that i am dreaming of. But then that statement of Paul struck me.
And of this gospel i was Appointed - i went back to check it, and find that the word was derived from the Greek word Ethethen, the Aorist passive form of tisthemi, in which means that it was completed task on the moment of the statement. Paul was completely appointed as the Apostle and teacher. He was appointed; it was not His own choice but yet he was willing to suffer for he knows whom he can believe. Ellen White state that statement as well before she passes away. "I know whom that i believed"

Yes Lord, who am i that you entrusted me with this calling? But who am i that you are willing to send your son for me? After reading this epistle to the young Pastor Timothy, i realize that i might can do many things. But that is not what God appoints me to do. While walking back from Chinese New Year Celebration today, my wife gave me the encouraging statement that "i can be a doctor, but i am not a doctor, i can be a psychologist, but i am not a psychologist. I am the Jack of all trades, but God has given me a calling that He knows the best." and that is the truth i can hold for myself. I can be what i want to be, but i am appointed by Him to do what He wants me to do. Sounds like God is a forceful person but then i realized the statement that Paul left in the same epistle - because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day

Well, hopefully all of you who listen to the song will find the same true calling for yourself or at least some new light on serving Him.




The Link to the Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ccESDbQ9g&feature=related

No comments: