Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Power of the Mind

I am not talking about Professor X on X-Men or those psychic supernatural spoof. But one's thinking can be very fascinating.

I've been interested in mental health field since i dont know when but for sure a long long time ago. I still remember while other kids are busy with playing with their toys, i am busy with my father's old typewrite machine writing on how to reduce stress. I took the source from some encyclopedia and my intention was to give it to my uncle who was depressed because of relationship problem.

There were times as well when i just suddenly woke up and think very deeply, about how actually minds work? and i wont be able to sleep trying to figure it out.

However as for today, being exposed to the real situation and experience its saddened me to see how one's mind can define the whole body function. I have seen how depression can bring a person to see life as meaningless and value themselves so low despite all the good things that happens in their life. How one can harm their own self just because they dont find any worth and control over their own self and the situation that affect them.

And as much as i want to help, often i felt discouraged for there are less that i can do.

But anyway, i am still fascinated


No comments: