Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wait

I have learned something very important today, and it is the ability to wait. This is part of my daily devotion, when i found the verse in Psalm 130:5 regarding waiting.

Now, living in the place like Singapore, waiting is something that is very hard to digest. I mean, when everything needed to be efficient, less time consuming, and with no hassle, who wants to wait?

However, probably we have asked and dictate God to work that way too. We want Him to be efficient, and fast. We want Him to work in OUR pace, and not His. Some people might deny this, but unconsciously everyone does.

I am reminded again though, that this is where Faith takes place. I am not the creator of universe, i am not there when He molds and shape the universe. I was not there to witness His mighty hands. Therefore, i have no right to say and dictate Him what to do with me.

When i learned to wait on God, it helps me to have patience with myself and others as well. It helps me to see that life is a process, and often a long one. God take pleasure in seeing His creation grow and develop, but often time we don't. Why? Probably because of our selfish nature of wanting more and wanting fast. Its all about us, and what we can get. If only all people can develop the ability to wait, and especially on the LORD.....

No comments: